WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
This challenging and rewarding course is for individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wine and offers a detailed understanding of grape growing and winemaking. Throughout the course you will taste over 70 different wines. On successful completion, you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality. You will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo and call yourself a wine expert. Some study before the exam and revision throughout will be required, and you must have passed the WSET Level 2 Wine Course or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge to begin this wine course.
Please see below for dates, venues and more details of the Wine Courses in Cambridge that are coming up. If you cannot find a date below to suit you, please call Steve to discuss other dates or venues.
Unit 1 – Wines of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa,
- Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
- This unit is evaluated by a multiple choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers
Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting – how to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines
Course venue: Darwin College, Silver Street, Cambridge, CB3 9EU
Time: 10am – 5pm
Course fee: £795 (includes wine samples, study pack, tuition and examination)
Sundays, October 25, November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, December 6th (exam – to be sat in Cambridge)
11.00am – 4.00pm
The first five sessions will be delivered online via Zoom.
The sixth session on November 29th will take place in person in Cambridge from 10am – 5pm.
All study materials and wine samples will be delivered to your door.