WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
Our most popular course provides you with a detailed look at the best known wines and spirits of the world, focussing on grape varieties and wine regions. During the course, you will taste 48 different wines and develop your wine tasting skills using the WSET systematic technique. A basic knowledge of wine is recommended before attending. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting
- Food and wine pairing
- To gain the qualification students need to pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions
- Cost: £395 (includes tuition, study materials, wine samples & examination)
A beginner to intermediate level qualification to wine suitable for those pursuing an interest in wine. You will learn how to taste wine using a systematic approach and be able to identify the main styles of wine. You’ll also learn to apply these to your own food and wine choices.
Course fee: £330.00
Course dates: 07/09/20 –
Deadline for enrolments: FRIDAY 28 AUGUST
– Study from home over five weeks via the WSET Online custom designed interactive classroom with dedicated expert educator support
– Take part in weekly tasks, group tastings, multiple choice feedback tests and videos supported by the textbook.
– Covers the same syllabus as the classroom course
– Course fee includes free delivery of a physical study pack and also certificate and tie pin (if successful)
– Wine samples are not included in the course fee. We recommend at least 8 wines to be purchased and tasted from the recommended wine list.
Exam to be sat online
An in person paper based exam is available if preferred.
Dates: Wednesday 9 September, Thursday 10 September, Wednesday 16 September, Thursday 17 September, Wednesday 23 September, Thursday 24 September, Wednesday 30 September, Thursday 1 October, Wednesday 7 October (exam)
Time: 6.30 – 8.30pm
– 8 x 2 hour live Webinars
– 40 wine samples delivered to you
– Study materials
– Examination (via online remote examination)
*In person paper based exam available if preferred
Tuesdays, October 6, 13 & 20 2020